Congratulations on your engagement! If you are considering getting married at Christ the King then there are a few things you need to know:
In the past it was necessary for either the Bride or the Bridegroom to live in the Parish of Christ the King, Kettering, or be on its Electoral Roll. Electoral Roll membership involves, amongst other things, regular worship at Christ the King for a minimum of six to nine months.
In addition an engaged couple may now be married in the Parish if one or more of the following conditions applies:
1. one of them was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the Parish;
2. one of them has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
3. one of them has at any time regularly attended public worship in the Parish for six months or more;
4. one of their parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
5. one of their parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
6. their parents or grandparents were married in the Parish.
To find out whether you are able to marry at CtK, please call the office (01536 517553) and Mandy will talk you through the process.
To read more information about marriage in church, go to Your Church Wedding
We also offer marriage preparation for couples preparing to get married.
We pray that you will have a long, happy and blessed marriage.